After creating Allowance Types, you can now assign Allowance Types to your employees. If you haven’t yet created any Allowance Types, click here for more information.
You can assign Allowances Types to your employees either through your employees’ 201 File or through the Employee Settings tab. To award allowances to your employees through their 201 File, click here for more information.
To assign Allowances to your employees through the Employee Settings tab, click the Employees tab on the top navigation. Click the Employee > Allowances tab.
To add an allowance to your employees one at a time, click Add Employee Allowances. A form will pop up. Fill in the following required details:
- Employee Name - name of the employee who will be given the allowance
- Allowance Type - type of allowance to be given as created in Company Setup
- Fully Taxable - automatically defined through the Allowance Type in Company Setup
- Prorated Allowance - this lets you determine if the allowance will adjust for lates or absences
- Yes - the allowance set will be prorated
- No - the allowance set will not be prorated
- Prorated by - appears if you selected the allowance to be prorated
- Day - as long as an employee works some part of a day (whether tardy or short shift) they will receive their full allowance for that day
- Hour - any tardiness or attendance deduction will also be reflected on the allowance
Entitled Also When - you can choose to give the allowance if the employee is on paid leave, unpaid leave, both or neither.
Note: If an allowance is prorated by day, for any days the employee is absent during the payroll period, the allowance will be deducted accordingly. The calculation is as follows: allowance * (number of days present during the payroll period/number of working days in the payroll period) = prorated allowance. If an allowance is prorated by hour, hours are calculated as part days as follows: number of hours present/number of hours of their shift.
Note: If the employees are on an allowance prorated by day, and they work on their rest day, the system will not take the rest day work into consideration when calculating the allowance. This also applies to allowances that are not prorated by day. Employees do not get allowances for rest days regardless of whether they work on the day or not.
Note: If an allowance assigned to an employee is prorated by day, and the employee is not entitled unworked holidays, the employee will not get his allowance for the day if he does not work on the holiday.
- Amount - amount of the allowance. Please note that the amount you enter will be given on a monthly basis.
- Per Pay - the employee will receive the allowance every time they get paid
- First Pay of the Month - the employee will receive the allowance during the first pay of the month
- Last Pay of the Month - the employee will receive the allowance during the last pay of the month
- Per Month, Split Equally - the employee will receive the monthly amount of the allowance split equally among how many pay periods there are in the month
- Valid From - the start date of the allowance
- Valid To - the end date of the allowance
Note: If the allowance validity period only covers part of a payroll period, the allowance will still be given during that payroll period. Also, if the allowance is prorated, and an employee is absent or has an unworked holiday for the day during the period of the allowance, they will not get the allowance for the day.
Once you have finished filling out the form, click Add. Otherwise, click Cancel. Clicking Add will prompt a success message. You can now see which allowances have been assigned to the employee, and you can also edit them.
Editing the Allowance Type
You can edit the Allowance you just created. Click the Allowance you want to edit, and the Edit Allowance box will pop up. Make the necessary changes and click Save afterwards to finalize. Otherwise, click Cancel.
Deleting the Allowance Type
The Admin can delete the Allowance after it was created. Allowances can be deleted one at a time or simultaneously. To delete one at a time, tick the box to the left of the Allowance you want to delete, and click the Trash Button that appears next to the Add Allowance button.
A warning prompt will appear.
Click Yes to delete. Otherwise, click No.You will be led back to the Allowance Settings page and the deleted Allowance Type will no longer be visible. If you want to delete all Allowances simultaneously, click the tick box at the first column and a Trash button will appear next to the Add Allowance button. All of the boxes will be ticked. You can untick the boxes for the Allowances you do not want to delete. Click the Trash button.
A warning prompt will appear.
Click Yes if you want to finalize deleting the multiple Allowance Types. Otherwise, click No.